Spray Tanning Do's & Don'ts
- Follow all of the Pre/Post Tanning instructions below.
- Don't mix over the counter tanning products with your Sinless Tan. We offer products formulated by our solution manufacturer that work best with your Sinless Tan.
Pre - Tanning Instructions
Shave (men should shave at least 6 hours prior).
Clean skin - free of make-up, lotion, oils,
Don't use any oil based products 24 hours prior to your tan unless jumping into the shower first.
- If you plan of getting a massage, manicure, pedicure or facial, do so at least 24 hours before your tan.
What to Wear While Tanning
- Women - most of our female clients tan topless with panties, some nude, some with dark colored swim suits, bras and panties. What ever you're comfortable with... is fine with us. If tanning for an event, keep in mind what you are wearing for the event. You will have tan lines after your tan.
- Men - you will need to wear some type of underwear, boxers, shorts or swim trunks.
- Items worn during tanning should be dark in color or something you are not concerned about getting tanning solution on.
Post Tanning Instructions
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing.
- Don't get wet for 6-8 hours for The 8 Hour Solution and 2-4 hours for The Adjustable Solution! This includes, but not limited to, showering/bathing, sweating, giving the kids a bath, doing the dishes, swimming/hot tub, rain, crying, dog licks, etc. Any moisture you encounter will leave your tan splotchy. If you happen to get wet always pat the area dry. Do Not wipe!
- Don't scrub your body in the shower. Lightly wash with sunless tan friendly body wash and pat dry.
- Moisturize well and often with sunless tan friendly lotion.
- Don't touch your hands on your body before you shower! This could result in the palms of your hands and fingers turning brown. If you're sleeping in the 8 Hour Solution be careful not to sleep with your hands on your body. Your hands have not been sprayed(unless by your request). You're free to wash your hands.
- Your face and feet tend to lose their tan first, use our Mini Tanning Mist for in-between spray tan touch-up's.
- Use SPF daily!! Your spray tan will not protect you from UV exposure!! We offer an sunless tan friendly SPF.
- Spread the word about UV Safety!! Protect the skin that protects you!
Things that will Strip your Sinless Tan
- Mineral oil (Check your products)
- Long periods in water - the Moisturizing Sealer will help with this but be smart. Dipping in and out of the pool and patting dry is best. The abrasiveness of sand in the surf will strip your spray tan. Enter at your own risk.
- Products designed for anti-aging